If you’re an enthusiastic and motivated team player with a genuine ability to engage with people and want to join a great team, then please apply for our Personal Development Officer role.
At Bradford College staff are working together to transform lives and aiming to provide our students with an outstanding experience. Our Personal Development Officers are responsible for designing and delivering a broad enrichment offer that develops the personal and essential life skills of students therefore, as a Personal Development Officer, you will support them to build their cultural and social capital to empower them to realise their potential in work and life.
* Organise, coordinate and deliver a wide range of events and activities to develop the essential life and personal skills of students.
* Develop resources for extracurricular activities, inductions, tutorials and personal development plans and deliver these to a high standard.
* To engage Bradford College students in activity which will enable them to extend their personal and employability skills.
* Organise and deliver initiatives and events that recognise and celebrate the successes and achievements of students.
* Model and encourage positive behaviours.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* Degree and/or youth work qualification, or willingness to work towards this
* GCSE 4-9 (A*-c) or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in maths or equivalent (e.g. CSE 1, O Level A-C)
* GCSE 4-9 (A*-c) or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in English or equivalent (e.g. CSE 1, O Level A-C)A teaching qualification is desirable but not essential
* Experience of working in an education or youth work setting
* Experience of planning, delivering and facilitating group work sessions.
* Experience of engaging students in extracurricular activities
* Experience of event management and organisation and/or project management
* Experience of working with a diverse range of people
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th November 2022
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Short walk to Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from people of all backgrounds and with all different kinds of life experiences. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.