Due to internal progression, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated Disability Services Department as a Technology & Materials Technician.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Adaption of Materials and Assistive Technology Service for supported students, working together with the Adaption of Materials Coordinator and Assistive Technology Coach.
- To assist the assistive technology loans service in the preparation of equipment for students and providing some handovers of equipment
- To triage incoming queries to the assistive technology service and regularly communicate with service users to establish whether they could benefit from further intervention such as training
- Contribute to and promote the loans service resources and undertake the appropriate CPD and online courses to up-skill in the relevant technology areas
- Work alongside Disability Services Helpdesk staff with regards to reminders, training bookings and equipment extensions or returns
- Assist with a planned program of asset maintenance and stock control as outlined by the assistive technology coach and line manager
- In class support may be required to resolve issues with equipment or monitor various assistive technology
- Provide exam support for technology used during examination periods
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
- GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
- GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
- Recent experience of installing apps, software and customization on a range of technology
- Demonstrating and explaining technologies to non-technical users.
- Experience of resource adaption (e.g., changing layouts, formatting and a good typing ability)
- Experience of working with students with additional support needs (desirable)
- Experience of working in education. (desirable)
- Working knowledge of various types of assistive technology.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 30 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Local government pension scheme, with a generous 18% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.