We have an exciting new opportunity for a High Needs Transition Coach to join our dedicated and busy Disability Services Department.
At Bradford College we want to ensure that our students have the opportunity to develop relevant skills for employment, increase their independence and achieve their aspirations
The successful candidate will work with High Needs-funded students to improve access to work placement / employer encounter opportunities and increase the number of supported interns in college via the provision of independent travel training. They will also work with external statutory and third-sector agencies to access employability support in the community.
This is a Term Time role, you will be working 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
* Provide independent travel training to High Needs-funded students, using journey planning and incrementally stepped journeys to increase student independence
* To work with families to plan travel options for their child
* To ensure that the College is upholding its duty to safeguard children and vulnerable adults by risk assessing travel training prior to commencement
* Promoting a positive image of disability, focussing on strengths, so that work placements can be found which are more suitable for High Needs-funded students
* Work with employers to help shape work placements that are accessible for disabled students
* Work closely with the Project Search team to prepare students appropriately for internships
* Work closely with students, giving additional support to develop an understanding of employability skills.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* Evidence of study at a minimum of a full level 3 qualification or relevant experience.
* Evidence of Independent Travel Training CPD/Training
* Full Clean driving license
* Experience of working with young people with disabilities and their families
* Experience of working with personal risk assessments
* Experience of conducting risk assessments for young people is desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 30 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Local government pension scheme, with a generous 18% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.