We are currently recruiting for a talented and motivated HR Advisor to join our amazing HR team at Bradford College.
This is a fast-paced role, with a particular focus on Employee Relations, so some experience of dealing with disciplinaries, grievances and sickness absence is a must. You will have excellent communication skills, enabling you to produce complex reports and correspondence. You’ll thrive under pressure and be confident to challenge and influence where needed. There will also be the opportunity to be involved in ad hoc project work.
This is a great opportunity for an HR Assistant or HR Officer looking to progress.
* Supporting local line managers and team leaders with day to day HR activities, provides appropriate advice in line with policies and procedures, and is the ‘go to’ expert for all HR enquiries
* Resolving all queries with a solution-oriented approach, either with first-hand knowledge or by collaborating with colleagues to deliver the appropriate solution
* Supporting the HR Business Partners in the delivery of HR operational and cyclical activities such as PDPs, annual salary reviews, talent and succession planning, workforce planning, employee relations and performance matters
* Supporting the talent and selection requirements by: understanding business needs, ensuring a business case has been provided for each vacancy, and supports with succession planning by identifying opportunities for progression and promotion
* Supporting and delivers HR training and development to management population
* Attending formal hearings and meetings, ensuring accurate minutes are taken and disseminated to the relevant stakeholders
* Liaising with managers and team leaders, and communicates effectively with a positive, professional and proactive approach, providing flexibility and awareness of managers’ workloads and priorities, but ensuring deadlines and required intentions are achieved
* Working collaboratively across the HR function to actively promote and encourage team working
* Supporting the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the HR strategy and functions are fit for purpose and consistent with the aims and objectives of the College
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
Hybrid working is negotiable for this role. This means you may be able to work a proportion of your time on campus and some remotely. We are open to discussing this with you during the application process as we recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* CIPD Level 3 or equivalent relevant working experience
* CIPD Level 5 is desirable but not essential
* Substantial experience of working in a HR environment
* Considerable experience of handling varied HR generalist issues and Employee Relations matters including grievances and disciplinaries, managing casework and attending hearings and meetings
* Comfortable working in a complex, challenging environment.
* Experience working in the education sector is desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in addition to bank holidays and Efficiency Days
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)*
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Discounted Parking
- Short walk to Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications from all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.