It is an exciting time to join us here at Bradford College. This is an exciting and challenging role that will play a key part in making a real difference.
Reporting to the IT Core Systems Manager, the post holder will undertake the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, development, backup and securing of the college’s server infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to: - Data Centre's, Microsoft Cloud based Services, Server Infrastructure, storage systems, communications systems and software.
* Manage the college’s Server infrastructure and Data Centre as part of the IT core systems team.
* Assist in the management of college systems which come under the remit of the IT Core systems dept. (e.g., Security devices and services, Identity management and other network services.
* Support college remote access ensuring user, system and data security.
* Monitor core routers, wireless, communication systems and assist with fault finding across the network and virtual infrastructure.
* Monitors traffic patterns and resource usage assisting the team to be proactive and ahead in terms of provision and capacity planning.
* Monitor environmental parameters and put practices in place to negate failure of such systems.
* Keep all core system’s software/operating systems up to date and patched.
* Be aware of, detect and remediate where possible the latest security vulnerabilities and keep the college systems up to date in order to minimise all vulnerabilities.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
GCSE 5 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths & English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
Educated to degree level in an IT related subject or equivalent relevant experience.
Microsoft MCSE or VMware DCV qualifications.
* In-depth experience with a range of technologies including Active Directory, VMWare, Windows Server SCCM.
* Enterprise Level Data Centre Experience and working knowledge including Disaster Recovery and Backup Systems.
* Experience and working knowledge of Modern Windows Server 2016+ platforms and associated services.
* Experience and working knowledge of Modern Windows Desktop platforms and associated services.
* Experience of installing, configuring, and managing VMware ESX server platforms.
* Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager, supporting Microsoft Azure services and Office 365 related technologies such as Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Azure Active Directory and Azure Enterprise Applications that suitably reflects the structure, security, and business interrelationships of an operationally complex organization.
* Experience and working knowledge of Managing and refinement of Microsoft Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, Azure Identity and Access Management and Group Policy Management within an operationally complex organisation.
* Experience and working knowledge of PKI and securing systems with security certificates and certificate renewal in complex systems.
* Cyber security aware and keeping abreast of the latest Cyber threats and latest technologies
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 30 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Local government pension scheme, with a generous 18% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.