We are looking for an experienced L&D Business Partner who is passionate about the progression of people to join our small friendly Talent and Learning Team. With exciting plans to transform the traditional L&D function, there is the autonomy for a creative and innovative L&D Business Partner to really make a difference at Bradford College.
The L&D Business Partner is key to supporting the College to achieve its objective of becoming an ‘employer of choice’ by providing a coordinated, cross-college delivery of engaging and interactive Learning and Development activity in which Bradford College’s values are embedded including dedicated Staff Development Days.
The role, reporting directly to the Head of Talent & Learning, will be responsible for driving the L&D training calendar of programmes as well as identifying new opportunities to support specialist and more general requirements.
A truly exciting opportunity!
- Lead and deliver a high-level L&D service across all areas of the College
- Design and develop annual L&D and Continuous Professional Development delivery plan
- Design and deliver (or source) blended learning solutions that are progressive and innovative and aligned with the College values
- Design and deliver the College Induction of new colleagues
- Responsible for budget management and resource allocation
- Liaising with the Executive Team, Heads of Department and Line Managers to assess their Teams’ requirements
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* Training Qualification/CIPD Level 5 or above or equivalent relevant working experience
* Willingness to work towards additional qualifications as identified
* Significant work experience in a training environment
* Demonstrable experience of identifying, preparing and delivering/sourcing relevant training courses as required
* Experience managing the effective use of LMS for Continuous Professional Development and Learning and Development purposes
* Full understanding of Apprenticeship Levy
* Knowledge of current training trends and initiatives
* Experience of working in the education sector would be a distinct advantage however, is not essential
For an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Extremely generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent pension scheme
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans) *
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Discounted Parking
- Short walk from Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring as well as L&D apprenticeships.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications from all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.