We have an amazing opportunity for a Lecturer in Construction Management to join us. Working with a great team and Head of Department who is down to earth, knowledgeable, supportive and encourages team members to have a voice, the Lecturer in Construction Management will be responsible for delivering an outstanding student experience to prepare young adults and experienced trade professionals to contribute to the modern world of work. With innovation and sustainability as core drivers, your teaching should inspire and motivate students to excel in their field of study and work.
- To teach on specified courses
- To assist the management team in delivering high learning value, financially efficient programmes (including physical resource management) and to lead on innovation and efficiency in the delivery of learning
- To be responsible for student’s academic progress, wellbeing, behaviour management and careers and pastoral guidance throughout their learning journey
- To seek out and respond to the student voice – seeing students as primary stakeholders in their learning
- To help students develop modern, safe working practices and behaviours – in both technical (vocational skills) and employability skills
- To participate actively in the enrolment, monitoring, profiling and assessment of students
- To proactively develop and promote close links with employer/industry partners
- To create enriching, effective and inspirational programmes of learning that expose our students to real-life work experiences – including on and off campus
- To treat students as individuals and develop personalised learning plans that drive their progress in learning, scaffold them to meet and exceed their targets and enable them to reach their career goals
- To arrange, supervise and manage students on placements, offsite visits and related activities
- To model our expected behaviours, and act as a professional advocate for our students, our college values and the departmental ethos. To be a stakeholder in the development and promotion of positive behaviours in all students in Construction and Engineering, including the implementation and promotion of regulations, policies and procedures.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
- Level 3 qualification in Construction Management and Built Environment
- GCSE 5 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths
- GCSE 5 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English
- Teaching Qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Have practical skills and theoretical knowledge of Construction Management
- Leading partnership work with external stakeholders to deliver projects, trips, visits and employer engagement
- Experience of BIM, site surveying
- Experience of delivering training, in the workplace or in another educational organisation would be desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Discounted Parking
- Short walk from Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from people of all backgrounds and with all different kinds of life experiences. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.