We have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and engaging Lecturer in Primary Education to join our brilliant Education and & Social Care Department.
Our fantastic Education Provision have all spent time teaching in schools and now are committed to training the teachers of the future and helping our learners to unlock their full potential.
The successful candidate will teach across all Primary Education Initial Teacher Training provision and be a subject specialist in one of the foundation subjects, in particular the creative arts.
Designing & delivering a wide range of effective and inclusive teaching and learning activities
Assessing the work and progress of all students and providing them with constructive and timely feedback.
Seeking ways of improving student performance by reflecting on teaching design and delivery and obtaining and analysing feedback.
Developing and applying innovative approaches to improving the learning environment, teaching and/or assessment and feedback methods
Engaging in professional development in relation to teaching, learning and assessment, including the use of an evidence-informed approach, which utilises the outcomes of scholarship to enhance teaching practice
Contributing to course development and the development of new programmes of study demonstrating an inclusive and collaborative approach to delivery.
Contributing to outreach and/or widening participation activity within the Department/ School
Producing Plans of learning, lesson plans, assessment plans, varied learning materials and any other related activities that positively impact on the effectiveness of learning.
Maintaining records of formative and summative assessments of students’ learning carried out.
Planning, delivering and assessing high quality teaching and associated activities on courses and programmes as specified by the Head of School/Department
Participating pro-actively in the design, development and delivery of enrichment and enhancement activity
Undertaking research and/or scholarly activity that feeds directly into teaching and learning and as agreed by the Head of School/Department
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* Bachelor’s degree or Level 6 professional qualification
* A recognised teaching qualification such as QTS
* GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths
* GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English
* HEA Fellowship or willingness to work towards fellowship is desirable but not essential
* Masters level qualification or willingness to work towards this qualification is desirable but not essential
* Experience of successful teaching/training and the evidence of performance /data to support it (e.g. Lesson observations, retention, and achievement data)
* Experience of high quality, reflective teaching within an HE/FE environment
* Experience of the effective design and delivery of high-quality inclusive teaching and learning activities
* Up to date knowledge of content and methods of teaching and /or supporting learning including the value and use of learning technologies
* A comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of a relevant subject area.
* Experience of improving the learning environment, teaching and/or assessment and feedback methods
* Experience of student pastoral care and disciplinary procedures
* Experience of course development is desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 44 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Teachers’ Pension scheme, with a generous 23% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.