We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Special Effects Makeup Lecturer to join Bradford School of Art. Based in the historic Lister Building, this is a vibrant department where creativity thrives. With Bradford being named City of Culture 2025, this is an exciting time to join us.
The successful applicant will transform the lives of students by providing outstanding teaching and support to reach their goals.
This is a Part-Time Hourly Paid (PTHP) contract therefore the weekly working hours will be flexible. We anticipate this to generally be around 9 hours per week however this is subject to change due to the needs of the department.
- To teach on courses specified by the Head of Department/Head of School.
- To participate actively in the development of curriculum; and where appropriate in cross College marketing activities.
- To participate actively in the enrolment, induction, monitoring, profiling and initial assessment of students or trainees.
- To devise individual learning plans and provide support for learners in line with the requirements of the course.
- To be responsible to the Head of Department/Head of School for student discipline, counselling and guidance relating to all assigned classes.
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of students on placements and offsite visits and activities where appropriate.
- To act as academic and pastoral tutor to assigned students.
- To implement and promote College regulations, policies and procedures.
- To participate in relevant Course Committee activities.
- To participate actively in the maintenance and promotion of close links with employers and training agencies.
- To participate in College Open Days; career events and promotional events both on and off College premises.
- To provide appropriate information to parents/employers through College reporting systems and open evenings.
- To assist the Head of Department/Head of School with costings and control of materials and equipment when specified.
- To participate in the development of workshops, laboratories and facilities, where appropriate.
- To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
- Degree or equivalent in Special Effects, Media Makeup
- A relevant teaching qualification or working towards this qualification.
- GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths
- GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English
- Academic or industrial or commercial experience in an area relevant to the programmes.
- Ability to utilise Information Technology and Information, Learning and Technology both within learning and for administrative purposes.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Experience of Good teaching/training.
- Experience of student pastoral care and disciplinary procedures
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 44 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Teachers’ Pension scheme, with a generous 23% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.