We have a fantastic opportunity to join our 14-16 Alternative Provision at Bradford College as a Minibus Driver. Due to expansion, we are opening a second site at the Springfield Centre in BD10 and are looking to recruit to some new positions, based between the Victoria Building on the main campus as the new centre.
Initially a Fixed-Term Contract with potential for a permanent conversation. This is a part-time position working 30 hours per week, 36 weeks per year.
The 14-16 provision caters for approximately 200 young people who are accessing an alternative education programme, either as a referral from their current secondary school or as home educated children. The provision has learners with a range of backgrounds and academic abilities, some with EHCPs and others with undiagnosed additional learning needs as well as social, emotional, and behavioural issues, we are a nurturing provision that prides itself on a strong pastoral and well-being support network.
Your approach with students should be respectful and professional at all times, exercising patience, empathy and understanding of their backgrounds and needs. You should have sound knowledge of the social, economic and personal factors which present risk to students, and be able to demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- To provide transportation primarily between the Victoria Building on Thornton Road, and the Springfield Centre in BD10 at multiple points in the day
- To work with colleagues across both centres to report any causes for concerns, incidents or issues with behaviour.
- To ensure the minibus is prepared prior to transporting learners (e.g. ensuring adequate fuel)
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
- GCSE A*- C or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in Maths or equivalent. (e.g., CSE 1, O Level A – C)
- GCSE A*- C or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in English or equivalent. (e.g., CSE 1, O Level A – C)
- A full clean driving license
* Experience of working with young people
* Experience of working with personal risk assessments
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 44 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Teachers’ Pension scheme, with a generous 23% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.