We have a fantastic opportunity to join our passionate Maths & English department as an MIS Officer. Reporting to the Head of Department, the successful applicant will have fantastic organisation and MIS administration skills.
Responsible for the delivery of an effective and efficient administrative service of enrolment, registration, exams and timetabling, the successful applicant will work closely with leaders to manage resources effectively and ensure all learners have the tools they need to succeed.
- To support the Head of Department with the processing of data during the Business Planning cycle.
- Create and maintain an accurate course Masterfile for the department.
- Work closely with cross college departments to ensure an excellent student administration service.
- To have an in-depth understanding of funding and audit rules as defined by relevant agencies.
- To understand the College Fee Policy and how it applies to students.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of student withdraws and transfers in line with the College Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that timetables are accurately recorded on the system and students are on the correct registers.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* Experience of administration in a diverse organisation
* Experience of Customer service in a diverse organisation
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in addition to bank holidays and Efficiency Days)
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)*
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Discounted Parking
- Short walk from Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications from all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.