We have a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated and award-winning apprenticeship department as a Domestic Plumbing and Gas Assessor. You will work with employers and apprentices to successfully get them ready for the end point assessment, ensuring they are supported throughout their course and are employment ready once successfully completed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a positive difference to the lives of our Domestic Plumbing and Gas students, in a friendly team and environment.
- To undertake timely assessment of apprentices to the national standards and to record all assessment decisions to meet the awarding body/ professional body requirements in line with the assessment cycle
- Manage a caseload of apprentices to include, setting SMART targets to ensure timely progress and achievement all required components of the apprenticeship
- To undertake timely workplace observations, where appropriate and upload all related work activities and progress information into the apprentice management system in a timely manner, allowing accurate tracking of apprentice progression
- Plan and agree OTJ requirements with employer and apprentice monitor completion and ensure met in full to meet ESFA requirements
- Plan and complete TLA visits every 4-6 weeks as a minimum to meet ESFA requirements
- Support and monitor all apprentices who require ALN / ALS for those identified and where required the completion of CognAssist interventions where identified
- Plan and complete with the apprentice and employer 12 weekly reviews covering progress towards the required knowledge skills and behavior and to include personal development behaviors and welfare and functional skills development and achievement
- To complete all assessment paperwork as required by the organisation and the awarding/professional bodies and other external agencies to a high standard
- Produce accurate and up to date reports for employers as requested, communicate effectively with the employer on all aspects of the apprentice’s progress and achievements, for standards agree gateway meetings when apprentices are deemed ready for end point assessment
- Be responsive in the reporting of apprentices who are falling behind quickly and agree detailed action plans with the apprentice and employer to provide the require support to promote achievement
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. You should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within your core values.
Education & Training
- Plumbing and Gas qualification at level 3
- Gas Safe registered
- Assessor Award or be willing to work towards
- GCSE 9 - 4 or nationally recognised qualification in Maths or equivalent (E.g. GCSE A*-C, CSE 1, O-Level A-C)
- GCSE 9 - 4 or nationally recognised qualification in English or equivalent (E.g. GCSE A*-C, CSE 1, O-Level A-C)
- Experience working within the sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and via email to others
- Ability to work on e portfolio platforms
- Ability to be proactive and manage time and caseload effectively.
- Experience in using IT.
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship programme.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. From undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement (up to 60 days a year)
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
For full details please click here
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from people of all backgrounds and with all different kinds of life experiences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.