Bradford College are working together to transform lives. We are aiming to provide students with an exceptional and outstanding experience that they can take forward into their chosen careers.
The Apprentices & Business Development department is looking for a new skills coach - specialising in Fabrication & Weld
The Skills Coach is responsible for supporting and guiding their apprentices through the identified standard to include preparation for EPA. To assess their vocational knowledge and competence against the national standards; ensuring the apprentice understands the technical knowledge and skills needed to undertake their job role and to deliver on a one-to-one basis and address any deficiencies in their knowledge or skills.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously with kindness, patience and empathy. They must have high expectations for themselves and students, in order for them to achieve the best results possible on their journey towards employment.
In this role, you will work with the Head of Department, Business Development, MIS and College Departments to deliver an outstanding student experience, as you prepare young adults and experienced trade professionals to contribute to the modern world of work. We welcome applicants that are new to teaching, or are currently working within the industry and are interested in a career change.
* Support a caseload of 40 apprentices (min 35 if working on other projects)
* Work with employers and apprentices and book the required functional skills minimum 1 to be completed in first 6 months of programme
* Support the delivery of L1 FS in the workplace (SAR ALN to be supported by FS Tutor as required)
* Support and attend apprentice inductions across operational teams
* Support apprentices to plan and provide opportunities to achieve pass merit and distinction linked to standards delivery
* Monitor and complete progress of assessments on CognAssist for those requiring ALS support
* Support the recruitment process by completing initial assessment duties and the identification of potential new starts as per internal rota system
* Perform Internal Quality Assurance activity if the role requires
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE in English Grade A*- C 9-4, or equivalent qualification
* GCSE in Maths Grade A*- C 9-4, or equivalent qualification
* Assessor Award or working towards
* Current knowledge and relevant occupational experience in the assessment area
* Proven experience of accurately and timely assessing in the workplace/classroom
* Capable of working with candidates with a wide range of abilities
* Ability to engage and motivate candidates
* Experience of working within a customer focused environment
For an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College, our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, to help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone; Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 30 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Local government pension scheme, with a generous 18% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the UK City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed to creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.