We have an exciting new opportunity for a School of Art Sound and Lighting Technician who will be responsible for supporting students within taught sessions and also students’ independent study. You will be fundamental in achieving the College’s commitment to transform students’ lives.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Sound and Lighting Technician to join the team who can who has experience of practical sound and lighting skills involved with supporting performances and productions. These could include Music and performing arts performances as well as Film productions.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of using sound and lighting equipment. This role also involves generating orders, maintenance of the studio, sourcing of equipment and general upkeep of the areas related to these subjects.
This post requires a proactive and self-motivated individual, who can operate in a flexible manner to join us as an integral part of our team.
This role is casual consist of flexible hours.
* To carry out duties commensurate with the post of Technician, responsible to the Lead Technician
* To provide technical assistance, including demonstration, particularly in relation to the operation of equipment and supporting specialist processes for teaching staff and students.
* To move and set up equipment and materials to different locations as required.
* To carry out technical duties appropriate to his/her own skills and to prepare various items of equipment and teaching aids as required.
* To prepare materials for practical classes and ensure, where required, correct disposal of waste.
* To ensure safe storage of resources and equipment within the workshops and assist in the ordering of new resources as required.
* To implement and promote College regulations, policies and procedures.
* To assist the Lead Technician with costings and control of materials and equipment when specified.
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE 5 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* GCSE 5 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* A Level, BTEC L3 or equivalent related qualification.
* IOSH/COSHH Health and safety training or qualifications are desirable but not essential
* Recent academic or industrial or commercial experience in an area appropriate to the job specification
* Theoretical and practical knowledge to successfully manage the operation of general technician duties required.
* Ability to utilise Information Technology and Information, Learning and Technology both within learning and for administrative purposes.
* Proven ability to carry out risk assessments in line with COSHH and other statutory requirements.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Including undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)*
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Discounted Parking
- Short walk from Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications from all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.