The sports technician is required to assist with the management and supervision of both the college learners and commercial users of the sports facilities at Trinity Green. They are responsible for the day-to-day planning of the sports facility’s usage, classes, and management of sports facilities attendants who cover evening and weekend duties.
* Offer excellent customer service for all users to the Trinity Green campus sports facilities (Sports Hall / Astroturf Pitches /Fitness Suite / Exercise studio / Classrooms)
* Management of the online sports facilities booking system and subsequent liaison with commercial customers to manage bookings and develop working partnerships.
* Seek opportunities to develop and promote the use of the facilities
* Working with stakeholders to support enhancement of learner experience
* Contribute towards sports enrichment throughout the College, by running and promoting sport, health and fitness related activities.
* Direct students actively towards safe working practices leading by example at all times
* Monitor / supervise the safe use of our facilities / equipment and ensure safe working practices are adhered to by all users of the centre.
* Act as a key holder for the premises as and when required and covering of adhoc evening and weekend duties (within contracted hours)
* To ensure all equipment is safely prepared and set up for commercial bookings in a timely manner and dismantled and stored safely and neatly after use.
* Ensure that all sports and fitness facilities and equipment are clean and fit for purpose and report any defective equipment and estate to the relevant persons.
* Supervise the use of the equipment, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to by all users of the sports and fitness facilities and equipment.
* Using skills to support in the delivery of academic courses where appropriate and needed, including occasional cover for curriculum staff.
* Complete equipment inventory’s, audits and risk assessments for the various sporting facilities and activities and ensure these remain up to date.
* Work with the Curriculum /Commercial Manager, Curriculum and Commercial Enhancement Officer to assist in developing commercial bookings / meeting income targets for the sports facilities
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
* GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* GCSE 4 - 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
* Level 3 Fitness related qualification
* Relevant Industry experience working within a successful Health and fitness facility
* Experience of successfully working with people
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 30 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Local government pension scheme, with a generous 18% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.