An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our well-established Student Services Department, in the Personal Development team. The Personal Development, through the delivery of a broad and diverse programme of enrichment activities, empower students to develop additional skill sets aligned to their aspirations and opportunities, in preparation for adulthood and employment. This includes visiting speakers and facilitators; sport and physical activities; arts and crafts.
Student Engagement Officers are responsible for all outreach engagement activities and promoting positive behaviours across Bradford College campuses. You will also help deliver a broad enrichment offer that develops the personal and essential life skills of students in line with the Bradford College enrichment strategy.
This role is Part-Time 0.5FTE (18.5 hours)
* To provide outreach support to students at all Bradford College campuses
* Actively promote positive behaviours around all Bradford College campuses, challenging inappropriate behaviours at the point of contact
* Daily management of the student common room/social space
* To provide youth mentoring and positive interactions between students and the wider student services department
* Support the Personal Development and Youth Engagement Lead to organise, coordinate and deliver outreach services and events to develop the personal development skills of students.
* To contribute towards the achievement of Student Service objectives, targets and planned strategies to fulfill departmental KPIs.
* To provide opportunities for students to develop their Cultural Capital.
* To engage Bradford College Students in activities that will enable the student(s) to extend their personal and employability skills.
* Organise and deliver initiatives and events that recognise and celebrate the successes and achievements of students
For the full job description and person specification, please click here
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
- Entry to Youth work qualification, or willingness to work towards this
- GCSE 4-9 (A*-C) or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in maths or equivalent (e.g. CSE 1, O Level A-C)
- GCSE 4-9 (A*-C) or nationally recognised level 2 qualification in English or equivalent (e.g. CSE 1, O Level A-C)
- Experience of working in an education or youth work setting
- Experience of planning, delivering and facilitating group work sessions.
- Experience of engaging students in extracurricular activities
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people
For an informal discussion about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. This includes undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement (in addition to bank holidays and Christmas shut down)
- Pension scheme (Local Government or Teachers Pension Scheme)
- Development Opportunities (training days and Personal Development Plans)*
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance Programme and a range of wellbeing activities
- Short walk to Bradford Train Stations
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications from all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications by groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.